JOIN US IN HELPING NORTHEAST OHIOANS VOTE!
We have modified our activities over the summer due to COVID 19.
The following is a summary of opportunities for volunteers.
· Rapid Response Team: Conduct in-person Voter Registration or distribute voter packets at events in the Greater Cleveland area (once trained or having had a refresher in our procedures and safety protocols).
· Get-out-the-Vote Phone Banking in October
· Join our Advocacy Team! Make phone calls as an outreach effort to our state and federal legislators asking for measures and funding to ensure a safe and fair election.
· Join our Social Media Team! Spread current and accurate information about voting. Please follow us on Instagram, Twitter and FB: goNOVAoh.
· Make a donation to NOVA! Help us pay for postcards, flyers, postage, software and teen interns and other expenses.
If you are new to NOVA and would like to assist in any or all of our efforts,
please fill out the form below and we will get back to you soon!
Become a volunteer or renew your training for 2019-2020
Sign up calendar for current volunteers
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES FOR THE NEXT ELECTION CYCLE
- Voter Registration: Receive training to proactively register voters in a non-partisan manner. This is our number one volunteer priority.
- Voter Outreach: Thank those we have previously registered. Ask if they have received confirmation from the Board of Elections for their registration and remind them of details regarding upcoming elections.
- Research: Use NOVA registration data and Board of Elections information for research and advocacy purposes to highlight voting issues that need to be addressed.
- We are always looking for volunteers who have additional skills and talents. Can you assist with any of the following: data entry, data processing, marketing/public relations and technical support. If you are interested, please contact us.
There are lots of ways to contribute to NOVA. I help prepare sacks of materials our volunteers use when they register voters. We do a great job -- together -- and have a good time!
NOVA’s voter registration training gave me everything I needed to successfully add eight people at a food pantry to the voter rolls. NOVA’s online volunteer calendar makes it easy for me to continue to sign up for dates and sites that suit my schedule.
I like meeting other volunteers who share my passion for public service. Our voter registration plus follow-up phone calls and emails to those we’ve registered make the difference. All of this really helps voter turnout.
I appreciated the call from NOVA reminding me to get to my polling site. I voted for the first time and my voice was heard!
When Ohio wanted to cut some of its early voting days, NOVA’s research and testimony resulted in government officials making the decision to keep one weekend of voting for 97,000 Ohio voters.
I’m glad one of my friends told me about NOVA. To me, it’s a fulfilling experience when I register voters at a social service agency downtown or in Cleveland’s high schools. I also enjoy volunteering at food pantries in Glenville, Lee-Harvard, and Euclid.